fun.marinov.net ::: Rules For a Gunfight
Rules For a Gunfight
- Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your
friends who have guns.
- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life
- Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
- If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast
enough or using cover correctly.
- Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and
diagonal movement are preferred.)
- If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a
friend with a long gun.
- In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance,or
tactics. They will only remember who lived.
- If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading,and
- Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more
dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.Use a
gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in
the flintlock of your musket."
- Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have
to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
- Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
- Have a plan.
- Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
- Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
- Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
- Don't drop your guard.
- Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
- Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep
your hands where I can see them.)
- Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOGH.
- The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
- Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you
- Be courteous to everyone. Friendly to no one.
- Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment
to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
- Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does
not start with a "4"."People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only
because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."